Our network

No one hurt in fire at Newport manufacturing building | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

No one hurt in fire at Newport manufacturing building
News


No one was hurt but a Newport business was heavily damaged after a fire Wednesday morning.

American Appliance is located on Chemwood Drive. The business manufactures oven racks and employees 80 to 100 people.

According to Training Officer Robert Cashen with the Cocke County Fire Department, a paint booth caught fire on Wednesday at 11:41 am.. Everyone was evacuated as sprinklers activated to help suppress the flames. There was a lot of smoke, and firefighters had to use thermal imaging cameras to get through the building to finish putting out the fire.

A plant manager estimates that the fire caused a million dollars worth of damage, and it will take at least two months to get that part of the facility operational again. Work will continue in other parts of the building.

Several fire departments responded to the fire.


News

Hamblen - Jefferson - Cocke - Greene Deals

Hamblen - Jefferson - Cocke - Greene Businesses